10 things I’ve loved about June:
It’s true that as you get older you appreciate the little things far more and realise that on looking back they were big things.
My dad knew that my dream was to have a garden with a parterre and one day he travelled all the way from near Liverpool with his trailer to bring me 80 box plants and promptly set about creating a gorgeous garden for me. What an amazing gift, each time I see it I’m reminded of my dad and his huge heart.
It’s a garden to enjoy all year round and is admired by many passers by.
Each time my dad visited he would look from the upstairs window and enjoy seeing the plants join up. Sadly, he’s no longer with us but these memories mean everything.
So now I try to remember the little things that make me happy and thought I would share my list for June:
- Being able to have the windows open, especially at night and waking up to the birds chorus
- Eating alfresco, tapas, bbqs, salads and best of all – breakfast!
- The feeling of sun on my shoulders and arms whilst making outside, happily creating vintage loveliness
- Wearing maxi dresses
- Exercising three times a week and losing weight
- Pimms, strawberries, cocktails and friends
- Meeting lots of lovely ‘brides to be’ and hearing their plans
- Visiting lots of open gardens for charity – seeing into the secret lives of other people’s gardens is magical and inspiring
- Getting glam’d up for the vintage awards and…..
- Finally putting our newly commissioned hand painted house sign (by Sally’s Shed) up after 17 years of being without! Love how Sally’s captured the parterre.
So when the big things get in the way remind yourselves of small triumphs, accidental happenings, that fleeting moment when something brings a smile and joy to your heart.
What would be on your list of little things (or big things) for June? I’d love to hear……comment below….